Welcome to the parish of Hanover, Hanover and Lucea Travel Guide information website for Tourist Local And International, Get ccomodations, tours and rentals all in one place.
Although Hanover is not one of Jamaica's major tourist areas, a tourist resort is situated in the village of Hopewell, about 24 km (15 miles) east of Lucea. This area has large hotels — Round Hill, Tryall (noted for its golf course) - Eastern Hanover. Sharing the Negril strip with Westmoreland - Grand Lido, Couples, Sandals, Negril Cabins and Beaches.
* Waterfalls - Paradise, Kempshot, Dry Hill
* The Old Lucea Court House is an important attraction, situated in the centre of town.
* Blenheim - is the birthplace of Sir Alexander Bustamante, one of Jamaica's National Heroes and a former Prime Minister of Jamaica.
* Lucea Parish Church – dates back to the 1700s. Legend has it that a tunnel leads from the Church to the nearby Fort Charlotte.
* Fort Charlotte – was built in 1761 for the defence of the Lucea which, at that time, was in danger of attack by French raiders. The fort stands on a peninsula overlooking the bay.
* Tryall Waterwheel – is found on a property which was once a sugar estate.